Not sure why I feel like doing one of those long, boring quizzes about myself, but I do, so enjoy!
What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- The Ding of A New Text Message
I’m in a fantastic relationship with a man who lives about an hour away from me. We see each other almost every weekend. During the week, we text and talk via IM. He has a special text tone on my iPhone, so I know it’s him before I look at my phone. When I hear the tone, I smile. He’s thinking about me.
I’ve been playing a lot of boardgames recently, and I have been loving it. We played Wits & Wagers, which is totally fun, and it’s surprising that I’d say that since it’s a numbers-based game. I love hosting game nights at my place. It’s better than going to any bar anywhere ever.
- Warm Blankets
It is friggin’ cold here. The windchill was -26 this morning. Warm blankets are making me happy. I’ve been shoving my blanket back into the dryer to make it nice and toasty, and then I wrap myself up like a burrito.
- My Two Js
My boyfriend and my best friend have the same name… different spellings mind you. They both make me incredibly happy, and I like doing things with My Two Js. We’ve been spending Friday nights together at my place. I’ve been cooking dinner, and we’ve all been hanging out. Thinking about the two of them I can’t help but feel so incredibly lucky that they are both in my life.
For some reason, I’ve been craving potatoes in various forms. I’ve made hashbrowns with sauteed onions and I’ve had my share of fries recently. I know that neither have any nutritional value, but I have to fight my cravings.
Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
1. Being alone. I’m sure this is the fear of every single 30-something woman. I’m no longer single, but it’s still a fear. It’s not because my biological clock is in overdrive. It’s because sharing your life with someone makes life so much better. I’ve gone to movies alone, but it’s better with someone next to me so I can make little comments, and we can share candy. Sleeping alone is OK too, but I know I sleep better with a warm body next to me who will laugh when I fart in my sleep.
2. Loved ones dying. I know it’s a fact of life. People get old and die. That doesn’t mean I can’t be fearful of it happening. I can’t imagine life without both of my parents.
3. Being surprised by loud noises. Not sure if that makes sense… but sudden loud noises make me jump and do a number on my nerves. I went to an opera once, and there was a sign, alerting the audience that there will be a gunshot sometime during the performance. So I knew it was coming… I still freaked out. When the chandelier fell in “Phantom of the Opera,” I also jumped and started to panic.
I found something useful on Pinterest. It’s a list of 30 questions/prompts to use a blog-writing prompts/getting-to-know-you-mate conversation starts. Here is the list if you’re interested. Here is 1 of 30.
List 20 random facts about yourself.
- I have gone to Catholic school since kindergarten — including high school and college. I no longer consider myself “Catholic” or “Christian,” despite winning the “Most Christ-like” award in 8th grade.
- I love flowers. Favorites include hydrangeas, or anything given to me by someone special.
- Macaroni and cheese is my favorite comfort food.
- Eating ice is relaxing, and it helps me stay hydrated.
- I love love, and I’m dreaming about getting married. I have many of the details planned in my head. I want a very small wedding, which will be hard to accomplish with my big family. As far as the wedding party, both sides will be co-ed.
- I’ve always wanted to be a writer.
- I majored in English-Professional Writing in college.
- I was an award-winning journalist — I’ve won awards for both writing and design. I worked in journalism for about 10 years.
- I find it hard to not look at anything (including baseball cards, etc.) without my designer’s eye.
- My favorite season is fall.
- I love board games.
- I have big feet. My big feet make me quite self conscious. I inherited them from my grandma K.
- I love kissing. If I could be doing anything right now, it would be kissing my boyfriend. I like to think that my lips are quite skilled. I recommend Violet Blue’s book on kissing. Or anything written by Violet Blue.
- When I turned 18, I got my tongue pierced.
- I love typography and things with lettering on them. I want this. Love that typewriter-inspired font. I’d like a J or an H.
- I am very close to my parents. And the thought of losing them freaks me out and keeps me up at night.
- I am very liberal.
- I am a scorpio. I fit the description of a scorpio as well. Passionate. Wise. Full of desire.
- I have brown hair and brown eyes.
- Sometimes I wish I owned contact lenses, but most of the time, I love wearing my glasses. They’re part of my overall dorky girl look.
It’s that time of the year again. Zoya’s amazing 3 nail polish deal!
Check this out:
For $10, you get three amazing, high quality nail polishes, which sell for $8 each plus shipping. There is one problem: There are too many fantastic colors to choose. I just spent almost an hour looking at all the pretty colors. I narrowed it down to four! Here is my Final Four:
Zoya Nail Polish in Mikka can be best described as: Wintery deep wine purple with very fine, frosty silver shimmer. A unique way to wear the elegant dark nail trend.
Zoya Nail Polish in Ruby can be best described as: Bright cool-toned true ruby red with frosty, silvery shimmer. A true gem of a red!
Zoya Nail Polish in Harley can be best described as: Light concrete gray base with subtle flecks of silver, gold and copper shimmer. A chic and unexpected shade that’s suitable for everyday wear.
Zoya Nail Polish in Skylar is a medium steel blue with a softened, dusty look and speckled by visible gold and silver shimmer flecks. A soft blue that’s bold without being too dark, bright or flashy.
I have a thing for nail polish. And I’m lucky enough to have a boyfriend who will paint my toes for me. I’m excited to have three more colors to pick from. If you get three on Monday, let me know which.